Choose a suitable aversive collar
Use an aversive collar. People seek for positive training methods, as they convey your feelings to your dog. Nevertheless, if your dog doesn’t behave well all the time, use an aversive collar to tell them dos and don’ts. More precisely, aversive collars restrain unfavored behavior. Even though some aversive collars bring about pain, others just make your dog angry.
– You cannot use aversion collars for too long in situations of necessity or temporary training.
– If you must use one for training, you have to use and pause for some time to judge whether your dog has got rid of its bad behavior.
To deal with more belligerent dogs, select a choke chain collar, whose materials are metal chains. Once your dog wants to get out of the leash and slip away, this type of collar can tighten your dog’s neck. You can place a choke collar high on your dog’s neck, nearly to its ears. If possible, it’s better not to use a choke chain. It’s effective to use much safer collars, and it’s of no use during quality obedience training.
– Choke chain collars may do damage to your dog, as there is no controls inside these collars about the tightness extent. To be frank, choke chains use to injury and strangle dogs. Though the injury is not so obvious, it may have the impact on your dog’s trachea, esophagus, nerves, and blood vessels, which will lead to nerve issues.
– If you don’t consider anything other than a choke chain, you should ask an experienced dog trainer for help. In order to select the suitable choke collar, the circumference of your dog’s neck should be increased by 2-3 inches.
– It’s not allowed to use a choke chain in daily times.
– Some choke chains don’t have sharp prongs that stick out inwards. When the collar becomes tighten, your dog feels uncomfortable. The prongs are not fixed on your dog’s trachea, but the collar can still fall and cause harm to your dog.
Know that shock collars have some disadvantages. Metal contact points are included in shock collars, and they can shock your dog through electric current. The shock may just a tenderly tickling or cause much pain. An invisible fence containment mechanism includes shock collars as a component. In your yard you can fix invisible fences to create an electronic force field of sorts. This way, your dog can get a shock when they cross the field. Generally, there is a sound that can give warning to the dog before it gets a shock.
– Shock collars can not be used as training device. Through remote control the dog can get a shock by shock collars. However, we don’t support this kind of training, since the dog may become more belligerent. Even worse, they can’t figure out that their behavior may lead to the shock.
– It’s not allowed to let a shock collar stay on your dog for too long.